A travel credit card is a form of credit card that provides exciting travel-related offers and deals. Travel credit cards offer a variety of features and rewards that will help you save money on your next trip.
Anything comes with a benefit when using a travel credit card, from air ticket bookings to reward point accumulation.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A TRAVEL CREDIT CARD
Compare your choices and consider the best travel rewards credit card for finding the one that best fits your needs. You can verify your eligibility for a particular card, apply for it, upload the necessary documentation, and enjoy a simple application process.
There are some steps below:-
- Choose your preferred card from the list of cards on the travel credit card page.
- Select ‘Check Eligibility’ from the drop-down menu.
- Submit the necessary information to determine your eligibility.
- You will be usually directed to the online application page once you have approved to be able to enrol.
- Fill out the form and send it. After submitting your application, you get an ‘Application ID,’ which you should keep for future reference.
The requirements for applying for travel credit cards differ from one bank to the next, as well as from one card to the next. Many banks have set minimum eligibility requirements, which are as follow:-
- The applicant must be a resident of India.
- Should work for a salary or be self-employed
- It is important to have a good credit history.
- The minimum age should be 21, and the median age should be 60/65.
To process a travel credit card application, various credit card issuers need a different collection of documents.
The requisite documents can differ depending on the applicant form.
The following are some of the documents needed to apply for a travel credit card-
- PAN Card
- AADHAR Card
- Passport size photograph
- Salary slips from the previous two months or IT Address proof:- Aadhar card, PAN Card, Electricity Bill, Ration Card.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT TRAVEL CREDIT CARD
It can be difficult to choose the correct credit card these days, with so many choices available. We’ll go through a few points that will assist you in selecting the best travel credit card.
Understanding your spending habits is the first step in choosing the right credit card. When you exactly know what you’re looking for, it’s far easier to find a card that suits your needs.
- Is it essential for me to purchase travel insurance in addition to other benefits?
- Which of the following categories do I spend the most money on?
- Do I want to gain miles for flying?
- Will having free access to the lounge be advantageous to me?
These are some questions you should ask yourself. You should shortlist a few cards based on your answers to the above questions.
BENEFITS OF A TRAVEL CREDIT CARD
Banks have a variety of travel-related benefits through their credit cards.
The following are some of the most common advantages:-
- Lounge Access: Travel credit cards provide access to domestic and international airport lounges. Travel credit cards, on the other hand, can include free access to this program. Visa and Mastercard also have their lounge access services, which the customer can take advantage of for free up to a predetermined limit.
- Earnings in Air Miles: Travel-focused credit cards can give air miles instead of reward points. On the bank’s dedicated travel website, you can exchange these miles for airline tickets. Some cards allow you to pass your miles to specific frequent flyer services, while others can allow you to turn your reward points into airline partner miles.
- Accelerated Travel Rewards: The bank provides accelerated travel rewards based on the type of card you have. When you use a travel credit card to book airfares or a vacation, you can receive additional rewards.
- Travel Voucher: Another common benefit offered by a travel-focused credit card is a travel voucher. On entering or meeting a spending threshold, the issuer will sell travel vouchers from an airline or a travel website.
- Benefits from co-branding: A variety of banks have launched travel credit cards in collaboration with airlines or travel websites.
COMPARE TRAVEL CREDIT CARDS
You would think that finding a card with the lowest interest rate, no annual fees, the largest sign-up bonus, and the best rewards will be simple; however, this is not the case.
Every card has a unique set of benefits and costs, and balancing them all to find the right card for you is a difficult task. Here is some stuff to think about:
- Credit Card interest rates
- Annual fees
- Sign up bonus
- Expiring points
- Foreign transaction fees
When comparing travel credit cards, you should consider not only the card’s travel-related advantages but also the card’s other features.
Look for benefits related to shopping, movies, dining, golf, and other activities.
Your travel preferences and daily spending habits will decide the best travel bonus credit for you. Try to find a card that offers you travel benefits that you can use. Look for choices that reward you for spending money on those categories. Think about how much the annual fee would set you back.
To make the annual fee worthwhile, you must take advantage of enough incentive trips, reward nights, and perks.